Wednesday, October 23, 2013

I had a good reason to collect license plates


My husband is very proud of our garage. We call it "the garagemahall" We both tend to get a little over excited when it comes to planning an addition, a cottage, a vacation, a dinner party- you name it. We both OCD an idea to death. Sometimes not a good combination, the two of us. There is no one to reign us in and we both run wild.

Our garage addition was no exception. We leveled our tiny detached garage and built an attached one. By the time we were done designing & dreaming, the garage was complete with drywall & heat,  a stainless restaurant sink with a garbage disposal, a ceiling fan, recessed can lights, Gladiator cupboards & workbench, and the crowning glory: a stairway that leads to the basement.

The garage is 2 cars wide and 2 cars deep. This works well because we keep the cars in the front half. We avoid piling stuff in, on and around the cars by putting everything else in the back half.

A half wall separates the stairwell right in front of where I park my car.  Whose idea was it to drywall the half wall?  I have no idea, but drywall is VERY soft. Luckily, I had a small collection of license plates already started.  Before hubby got home I had already started covering the hole  (I mean the half wall) with plates.  He thought it was a great idea.

After that day, he didn't mind thrifting with me because rather than following me around telling me we had enough stuff, he was on a mission to collect enough plates to cover the entire half wall. I think it turned out great!

No comments:

Post a Comment