Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Macrame is cool again

I was a kid in the 70's. Kids rarely think their own parents are cool, but looking back, my parents were pretty cool. They wore tie dyed leisure suits and suede earth shoes. My mom signed me up for a macrame class one summer. Little did I know she wanted me to learn how to macrame so that I could make her a hanging wine bottle holder for the diningroom. Here is a picture of her in Lake Tahoe circa 1977 sporting a suede jacket, platform boots, big sunglasses and "The Farrah Fawcet."

Macrame is finding it's way back into vintage shops and cool boho decor. Check out my Pinterest board "Anna's Boho Apartment". I had big plans to macrame Anna a shower curtain and window shades. I bought the patterns on Etsy and everything. Sadly, plans have changed and now Anna's Boho Apartment may never happen, but it is still fun to design & dream!
Look what I found yesterday at a resale shop in the quaint little town of Leslie, Michigan.
It was $1
I'm happy! It will be going to Florida with me in December.
 
.

2 comments:

  1. Love macramé! I used to make flower pot hangers when I was a kid. Great memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did too! I am seeing them show up in thrift & vintage shops. I even saw one of those owls on a piece of driftwood the other day. haha- owls and mushroom motifs are popular again. You can find the old patterns on etsy. I would like to find the wine bottle hangar pattern I used in the 70's

      Delete